Start your holiday off with a fun run. Lots of communities and recreation centers have Turkey runs. Get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise before eating your holiday feast later on. Eat during the day. Do not go the entire day without eating, so you can pig out later. Your digestive system and your waist-line will thank you later. Eat more meats and greens. Limit the amount of simple carbohydrates you take in. Remember its one day of eating and drinking but the damage can last for weeks.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Reading a variety of good food and nutrition books are a good way to kick star your wellness program. Here are a few:
- 21-Day Weight Loss Kick Start by Neal D. Barnard, MD
- The Blood Sugar Solution by mark Hyman, MD
- Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, MD
- The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain, PhD
- It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
- The Omnivore's Dilemma
There are a lot more, but this is a good start.