Thursday, August 4, 2011

Digestive Health Continued

Taking are of your digestive health is sometimes over looked. If taken are of properly you can rid yourself of certain disease, have more energy, speed up weight-loss, take less trips to the doctor, and really control you health. Below are some products the interfere with your digestive health.

Artificial Sweeteners- Sweeteners that include sorbitol, and xylitol can aggravate irritable bowel syndrome and cause diarrhea in sensitive individuals. diet foods, chewing gum, some vitamins, and medicines such as cough syrup and antacids contain sorbitol. These items are often overlooked as potentiators of gastrointestinal distress.

Antibiotics- Antibiotics can have a devastating effect on the gut. They wipe out bacteria, friendly and unfriendly. Harmful bacteria, yeast, and fungi that were kept in check by friendly bacteria suddenly have free reign and can proliferate in the intestines. Some strains of bacteria are resistant to antibiotics. These powerful strains remain in the gut to cause all kinds of trouble.

3 comments:

  1. I only use two sweetners... one of them is xylitol the other is stevia. Neither of these feed yeast (candida).

    I have not used antibiotics in at least 4 years. They are one of the things that got me to all the problems I have had in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having some issues lately and have been taking probiotics to help with that. You've given me some ideas of other places to look into with my health. Thanks!

    Following from the Thursday Cup of Joe Blog Hop. Please follow back:

    http://www.fullcartfullwallet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hopping by from the nAlexa hop and saw this post. I have a lot of issues with digestive problems! I also drink a lot of Diet Coke and never thought about it. I never knew that diet stuff could cause problems.

    ReplyDelete

Athletes4Life